How YOU Can Be
ONE KIND COOKIE
HOST A CHARITY BAKE SALE
Hosting a charity bake sale is both fun and rewarding!
A great way to include your kids in our mission is through the fun of a charity bake sale. Smiles are doubled – once with their sale and again when we deliver the kindness and appreciation that they helped make possible after they donate. Bake, sell, donate! It’s that easy.
BE AN ADVOCATE
We would love for you to not only share the excitement of our mission but to also share about those we serve. Learn more about our recipients and why we do what we do. Our mission is so much more than the delivery of a cookie. It is about connecting people, bring smiles, stirring conversation, comforting, and kindness. It’s about the very people we serve and the reasons we serve them.
There are numerous ways you can volunteer to help in our mission and we can’t wait to walk you through stepping up to deliver kindness, appreciation, friendship and compassion. Our volunteers often tell us that they stepped up to do for another but found it did so much for themselves. It really is true; ’tis better to give than to receive.
Flex your superpower. Get involved!
Sometimes taking that first step can be intimidating. We get this and we want to take some of the worry away. Let us answer some of the frequently asked questions here for you.
A FEW FACTS ABOUT ONE KIND COOKIE
- One Kind Cookie is a 501(c)(3) non-profit charity, launched on World Kindness Day in 2019.
- WE AREN'T NEWBIES IN THE KITCHEN: While One Kind Cookie was founded in November 2019, our founders have been surrounded by countless others, delivering kindness and appreciation via a cookie since December 2014 with the annual Cookies for a Cop and our Fire Friends campaign.
- WE COUNT OUR COOKIES! At the time of OKC's founding, our mission had already served almost 630,000 cookies nationally and to our military serving in Germany. We can't wait to increase this count and hope you will help make it happen!
- WE SERVE: As of November 2019, we serve law enforcement officers and their support staff, corrections officers, dispatchers, K9s, mounted patrol, border security, those in fire service, veterans and active duty service-members. In the Cincinnati area, we also deliver to park rangers, animal control, the Coroner's office, the police and fire museums, the Cincy PD credit union, the prosecutor's office. In the hopes of spreading kindness even further, we also deliver to random people we encounter along the way via our street project. It's a ton of fun and just another way to spread kindness. We can't wait to continue to add to our list of those we serve.
Kindness is contagious.
Inspire others, lead the way.
How much time is involved if I volunteer to be a leader with your Cookies for a Cop and Fire Friends campaign?
The amount of time involved completely depends upon you!
- Are you leading one department or mutliple?
- Are your desired departments large or small?
- Do you have a team that can come together to help?
We have found that those who lead up larger areas / departments almost always have a great support system AND it makes the mission so much more fun.
The beauty of being a leader though is being able to decide how big or small you want to go.
For more details on this annual project and what all is involved, GO HERE to our Cookies for a Cop and our Fire Friends page.
We appreciate our veterans! How do I go about being involved in your Tango Yankee project?
We appreciate our veterans, too.
Each VA Medical center has a volunteer services group and it is with them that the magic starts. Contact your local VA, ask for volunteer services, tell them about us and how you'd like to say THANK YOU (Tango Yankee) the veterans they serve, via a sweet treat. Let us walk you through the process, from start to finish.
We can't wait to expand upon the work we are already doing in the Greater Cincinnati area. More details on how you too can get involved will be released soon.
Our family would LOVE to host a charity bake sale. Can you tell us how?
Hosting a Charity Bake Sale is one great and fun way to help us grow further to serve more kindness, smiles and appreciation. You determine to which mission you'd like your donation to be applied to and we will handle the rest in a way that will make you proud to be a part of our mission.